NOTE: The steps in this section involve editing the registry.
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to reinstall Windows NT to correct them. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use this tool at your own risk. 1. Run Regedt32.exe.
2. Navigate to the following location:
Select the Favorites value in the following registry path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer \User Shell Folders
3. Click to select the Favorites value.
4. On the Edit menu, click String.
5. Change the current path to reflect the UNC path (for example, \\CommonServer\FavShare) or mapped drive (for example F:\Favorites) of the new server share for the common Favorites folder.
6. Start Internet Explorer.
7. On the Favorites menu, click Organize Favorites, and then verify that the new location was saved properly.